One hundred and fifty architectural gems will be opened up to the public. For two days churches, office buildings, theaters and homes are available to explore and experience.
But wait, I haven't told you the best part! There are no reservations required AND it's free. Yes, I said FREE.
Could there be a more perfect event for me? Chicago Architecture + 150 Tours + Free = Dream weekend.
We're hoping to check out:
- Keith House (a stunning mansion less than a block from our house)
- Pui Tak Center (that iconic pagoda-esque building in Chinatown)
- Chicago Motor Club (it caught my eye on a wander last week)
- Inland Steel (1st skyscraper in the loop constructed after WWII)
- Lake Point Tower (the only building east of Lake Shore Drive downtown)
- Tribune Tower (I've. GOT. to. get. in. there.)
Please don't be upset if you see us brushing past you in line. Because we're members of CAF we have what I'm calling a "golden ticket." The pass allows us to avoid all the lines. Yippeee!!
What's on tap for you this weekend?