So today's post is another example of how I definitely intend to keep my end of the blogging agreement I made oh so many years ago.
I give you my Chicago Summer To Do List.
- Explore U of C and Picnic in Promontory Park: For an architecture geek like me the University of Chicago is a goldmine. And who doesn't need a picnic? I've heard Promontory Park is very picturesque.
- Dinner on a Roof deck with a View: With the plethora of roof decks around the city surely we can find one where we can grab some grub and enjoy a sunset, right?
- Check out a Cubs Game at Wrigley Field: Tickets are bought. Cards vs. Cubs here we come.
- Fireworks at Navy Pier: I can see them from my couch, but just once I'd like to see them from the pier.
- Movie in the Park: I'm seriously considering Clueless on Tuesday night at the Zoo. Plus the movies at Millennium park this year are all musicals! Just may cross this one off more than once.
- Rivinia: I've heard great things about Rivinia's lawn. Another excuse to pack our picnic basket and enjoy a summer night outside.
- Mini Golf in Lincoln Park: It's been years since I picked up a putter and I believe it's time to change that!
- Take an "L" Tour: There are plenty of tours that the Chicago Architecture Foundation offers that I'm excited to take, but the "L" tour is one I'm really, really looking forward to.
- Kayak the Chicago River: I was weary about this last summer, but Cait of Pretty and Fun fame has convinced me it is a spectacular way to see the city.
- Take in the View from the Sears Tower: I still haven't been up in the tallest building in Chicago. There's something wrong with that.
- Water Taxi to Chinatown: Let's face it, if there's a way to see those buildings from the river, I'm jumping at the opportunity.
- Grill on Montrose Beach: I've never been a beach girl, but for a night (or afternoon) I could pretend to be.
- Ice Cream at Margie's Candies: I've read great reviews. We'll see if this landmark stands up to the hype.
- Catch "Catbird" Filming: Divergent (aka "Catbird") is filming - as we blog - in this city. Must. See.
- Chicago History Museum: Something tells me these mild temps aren't sticking around forever. I'm going to need some things to do inside. Plus there are FREE days in August.
- Photo shoot at Bahá'í Temple: It's a beautifully unique spot in Chicago. Looking forward to putting the camera to work.
- Make Dinner Using Nothing but what we Find at the Farmer's Market: Healthy and delicious (in theory).
- Day trip to the Indiana Dunes State Park: Sometimes you gotta get out of town for the day.
- Visit the Museum of Science and Industry: It's one of just a few buildings still around from the 1893 World's Fair.
- Eat a Funnel Cake at a Street Festival: No summer is really summer until you've eaten some deep fried, powdered-sugar-covered dough. Extra points if I buy it from a carny.
What's on YOUR To Do List this summer?